Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Priest PVP Survivability: First Impressions

Ok so it's been a couple of weeks as a holy/disc priest, and I've been spending all my time in BGs and Arena. After the patch today I should be purchasing my first PVP pieces, which will be nice, but I still have a LONG way to go. As I said in my last post, I'm sitting at around 8700 hp buffed with 0 resilience. Since I'm kind of limited in my play time I'm trying to take the shortest path to 200 resilience. The first two pieces that I will be picking up are the blue PVP mooncloth gloves & shoulders. For the paltry sum of 20200 honor I will be getting around 65 resilience and some added HP and +heal. Not that it really makes that much of a difference but you have to start somewhere.

I would very much like to grab the Halaa belt + legs to hold me over until I can get something better. As I mentioned previously, going to Halaa can be a huge waste of time, and almost every time I go out there I come back with nothing to show for it. I only have three of those stupid marks and I need 60. The patch today may have provided me with an opportunity to make this happen, believe it or not. A new gem recipe was added that gives +res and apparently it's a Halaa item. I wouldn't be suprised if there was some increased activity at Halaa this week, as jewelcrafters scramble to pick up the new recipe. This will probably be my best chance to add another 40 or so resilience to my gear.

The last front that I'm working on to gear up is Arena. As I said, I started a 2v2 team with my brother to get the ball rolling on some points. He's a decently geared mage and so far it's been going better than I thought. Our rating is still ass (1550) but compared to the horror stories I've heard and to some degree experienced I have to say that I'm pleasently suprised. My main is a warrior. Not exceptionally geared but well enough, after this week I will have 4/5 S1 glad with most of the PVP epics and a T1 BS axe. Not impressive by any means but decent. I play on a 3v3 team with my brother's mage and a resto druid. I can say from my experience that priest is without a doubt the easiest class for us to kill. When we see a priest we drop him right away and rarely ever have a problem with it. I love seeing a priest on my warrior, and we take them out real quick.

It was because of my experience on my warrior that I was seriously concerned about how my priest would hold up. Granted, I haven't taken him into 3v3 yet, and I haven't really fought to many well geared warriors or rogues (a few) , but so far in 2v2 and also in BGs I've been pretty hard to kill. There's been a lot of fights where I've really suprised myself by tanking some high DPS opponents. Using the combination of renew, shield, and prom I can withstand a beating pretty well. The only times I get killed before going OOM is when I get stunlocked (or the unfortunate CS lockout). I'm sure as I fight better opponents and experience more focus fire in 3v3, I will start to understand the survivability issues that I always hear priests complain about but right now I'm enjoying myself immensly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home