Friday, July 27, 2007

It Never Ends.....Or Does it? No.

My progress continues in its own way today as I picked up Veteran's Mooncloth Slippers. Truly, I have yet to encounter a more fearsome and manly item name, but you can't say anything bad about the stats. As I neared the 18k honor required for this piece it dawned on me that I almost have all of the honor pieces that I want for my priest.

When I first hit 70 a month and a half ago, grinding the amount of honor I needed seemed like an insurmountalbe task. I had already grinded all the pieces except the belt on my warrior and to say the least I was (and still am) a little "AV'ed out". But now all I have left is the necklace and the 2 minute trinket, around 32k honor. With an AV weekend only 7 days away I have to say that I feel pretty confident that I will obtain all of the honor pieces before I get my first piece of arena gear. This puts me in kind of a wierd situation because since I hit 70 on my warrior back in February I have spent pretty much all my time not in arena inside AV. The prospect of not having to queue for AV anymore is pretty awesome, but at the same time I feel like an old person who's worked the same job for 30 years and doesn't know what to with themselves after they retire.

Not that I'm complaining, queueing AV every time you log in can really sap the life out of you. Since I need all the practice I can get on my priest I'll probably end up either queueing for some of the more enjoyable battlegrounds, looking for an arena team that plays a lot, or maybe even trying to find some rogues and warriors to duel, since those are my two toughest classes. Either way, it will be nice to finally put AV behind me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

grats on your new slippers. :)
and lol to Blizz for always having that carrot on a stick in front of us.

Besides the straight grind for gear there's always the gem/enchant upgrading as well! :P
Least it keeps us busy I suppose.

and UGH for AV. It is the honor pinata, but being a solo priest in there is so mind crushingly borring! Hm, I just realized I don't know if you're Ali or Horde? I don't know how it is in your Battlegroup, but Horde (me!) usually loses. :(

-Ryn
What is your favorite BG to play? and do you usually do it in a group or solo?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Elbows said...

I got my epic flyer on my warrior, which is my farming character, and I don't have any plans to get the epic on my priest. Since I got that out of the way I can spend all my money on gems and enchants.

While I guess I could go crazy and the honor gems to be honest the blue gems are fine by me. My warrior is a miner so usually I wait till I collect about 200 adamantite and then just have my brother prospect it for me. This usually yields about 400g worth of gems and because of this I have all the blue gems that I need. I put Boar's Speed on the slippers this morning and since the next enchantable piece I'm getting is the mace I just have to make sure I have enough for major healing in two/three weeks. Easy enough.

I play horde (undead priest/orc war) in BG6, and although I personally feel that the alliance has the upper hand terrain wise in AV I usually win about half the AVs I do. I don't think that horde is as bad at AV as people make us out to be. Even at a loss an AV is still worth 300 honor so it still beats all the other BGs hands down.

I love all the BGs with the exception of AV, and so I will usually play whatever the holiday BG is if it's a weekend. If not, I usually queue EOTS because it's still sort of new. The only real gripe I have is with WSG because the matches can theoretically go on forever, and unlike the other BGs you can play an hour long WSG and not get any bonus honor (although you'd have to be crazy to not /afk).

Now that I play a priest, I've found that it's much easier to get into organized groups from my server. This was not the case when I was MS warrior #354982.

If I have a few hours to play I will try and look for a premade and if not I will just PUG it. I play with about 4-5 real life friends and if they're on we'll queue together.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I are poor pvper. I don't think i'll ever have the coin to get an epic mount. (though if you're only going from the battle master to the repair guy it's not too bad.) Farming is just too painful on a holy priest and it's my only toon.

I'm also an undead priest but in Cyclone battlegroup. (can't remember the number)AV in the battlegroup is a few people playing while 10 people "gaurd" the cave. :P

-Ryn

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home