Friday, July 06, 2007

One Man, Two Updates

Hello again, I was going to put this all into the previous post but I thought it would make more sense logically to break it up into two. Yesterday I had the chance to play my first ever 5v5 matches. Since holy priests are one of the least played classes in the game, but also very desirable for 5v5, I figured that it was only a matter of time before some team out there sent me an invite. This is most likely to happen if they don't check my armory first, because once that wall of green and sad blue hits their optic nerves they're going to rethink the decision big time. That's pretty much exactly what happened. I got asked to be on a 5v5 team, and I told them about my gear situation. After a few minutes they got back to me and said that it was fine, and asked if I was still interested. This is exactly the opportunity that I've been waiting for so I said yes and we played 10 matches in about 40 minutes.

The actual team setup left a bit to be desired. I found out after joining the team that I was to be the only healer. The matrix we ran with was War/Lock/Mage/Priest/Rogue. With my gear, I'm not exactly in any position to take a beating. There were a couple of matches where the other team decided to take me out first, and it was not pretty. There was a dual warrior lock team in particular that took me down in about 3 seconds. Aside from that I think the problems that we experienced are to be expected from 5 people who have never pvped together. First off, 5v5 is complete chaos compared to 2v2, there's so many things happening at once, that at any moment I could have been healing, dispelling, or fearing multiple targets. I felt a little overwhelmed to say the least. We started off most of our matches with our rogue trying to sap an enemy player. This usually ended in him getting gangbanged on the other side of the map which meant a 5v4 for us. After we abandoned this tactic we did a little better, ending 3-7 for the day. I don't think the rest of the team was happy but I was thrilled just to finally be playing some 5v5. I told them that whenever I was on I would be willing to practice but who know's if we'll ever end up queuing again. All I can say is that I would be much happier with another healer on the team as I feel I lack durability when compared to a pally (DS, BOP).

In other news, queue times in my battlegroup for 2v2 have been getting steadily worse over the last few weeks. I have two different 2v2 teams and I really like both of them. I play war/resto druid with my main and priest/mage with my alt. I really have a lot of fun playing 2v2 and because I don't really play with that many people, lots of times there is only one other person that I know logged in. It started out a few weeks ago, when I noticed that queue times for 2v2 had gone up from almost instantaneous to about 2-3 minutes. With each passing week the queue times have steadily increased to about 5-6 minutes a pop. Last night, when we queued up for a couple of quick games, we saw that we were in for a 37 minute wait. gtfo. It looks like the demand for 2v2 has outpaced Blizzard's arena server capacity. If this continues the 2v2 bracket is in danger of becoming unplayable in some battlegroups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home