Friday, July 20, 2007

Re-thinking Gear Decisions

Since I hit 70, my short term goal has been to obtain two +35 resilience bonuses from the honor set and the S2 gladiator set. I picked up the honor gloves and shoulders in the first couple of weeks which only cost me 21k honor. The gladiator gear has taken considerably longer, and I am supposed to be picking up my first piece on Tuesday.

After this week I should have somewhere between 2100 and 2200 arena points. I just barely missed picking up the headpiece last week. My stats are pretty dismal, 9k unbuffed, 160 resilience and a laughable 670 healing. If I stick to my original plan and pick up the headpiece I stand to pick up almost 600 hp, 33 resilience and maybe 10-20 healing by replacing my shitty physician helm. Now, it's hard to say anything bad about 600hp. That was bring me much closer to my milestone of 10k hp unbuffed and puts me roughly 4 weeks away from the second 2pc bonus but I'm starting to have seconds thoughts about this strategy.

If you'll notice before I said that my bonus to healing was 670, this is roughly half the +heal that most arena priests are sporting these days, and most shadow priests have more +heal than I do just based off of their +dmg. It's embarrassing to say the least. What I'm thinking of doing is holding off on getting anything for another three weeks and then picking up this. That's a truly drool worthy main hand. Compared to my current main hand, another piece of physician garbage, I stand to gain roughly 9 stam, 10 int, 21 resilience, and.....wait for it.....280 healing. With that one piece I can drag myself up out of the gutter and finally flirt with 1k healing. I think it's worth it and don't see why I can't last another three weeks without an arena piece, I've gone this far.

Another reason for going in this direction is psychological. Unless something drastic happens I probably won't be getting over 1800 rating any time soon, so I'm looking at around 400 points a week for the time being. My original plan was to get the head and the chest and then pick up the main hand, but at this rate that means that I would be finally getting the main hand, along with any substantial +healing boost in October or some shit. That's a long ways off to finally get a good healing piece and I think that getting the main hand out of the way, which will leave me with more short term goals that can be accomplished in 4-5 weeks each, will give me a more immediate sense of progression and allow me to keep my morale higher throughout the gearing process. Plus that mace just looks fucking cool.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! I'm getting the healing mace next week as well. What are you thinking of enchanting it with? W/ 4 casters on my 5 man we're going w/ spell surge this season.

-Ryn

7:11 PM  
Blogger Elbows said...

Well, I assume that I would put Major Healing on it, which would bump the total +heal on the item over 500, but spellsurge does sound pretty cool. Of course, you would get more milage out of it with a 4 caster 5v5 team. There is some debate as to whether or not the proc rate on spell surge is actually 3% as advertised on the tooltip. Check this wiki page out: http://www.wowwiki.com/Enchant_Weapon_-_Spellsurge

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the linky

-Ryn

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home