Friday, July 13, 2007

Mass Dispel Nerf?

Mass Dispel: The portion of this spell that removes immunity effects (Blessing of Protection, Ice Block, etc.), now has a chance to be resisted, and will display correctly to the combat log. It will no longer cause Rogues and Druids in Cat Form to lose stealth.

Ok so this sort of sounds like a nerf. I mean, it's definitely a nerf in the sense that the spell is less effective, but the question is whether or not is a bug fix or a change with the intention of making the spell less powerful. Next to PRoM, Mass Dispel is hands down my favorite spell. It might not mean as much to alliance priests, but after years of fighting pallies and having to sit through their god damned bubbles, I take a great deal of satisfaction from dispelling them. The talented .5 second cast and awesome range just makes it a really great spell. Don't forget about frost mages either, they get clowned too.

To be honest, I didn't even know that it was breaking stealth, so call me a noob. To me it's still unclear whether or not this chance to resist is being added because previously the target could not resist it (bug fix) or if this is in addition to resisting the dispel outright. I could have sworn that I've had my mass dispel resisted in the past. Either way it kind of sucks but by this stage of the game minor nerfs just kind of roll off me.

Also, it looks like the duration on CC is being reduced. Bad news for my brother's sheep, but on the plus side the cooldowns on Blessing of Freedom and Blessing of Sacrifice are being increased. Currently on my 2v2 team (priest/mage) one of the combinations that gives us the most trouble is war/pally. Basically with the pally spamming blessing of freedom (even with me dispelling) it's very hard for us to keep the warrior contained. This change should make it easier to keep the warrior rooted while we work on the pally, or the pally sheeped while we work on the warrior.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

commented in Radikal's blog but I too have had mass dispel "resisted". Actually I don't remember what they called it in the combat log, I think it might have actually just said "failed".

and did you see the change to mind control down to 10 sec. in PVP, not that it ever lasted that long but from 1 min to 10 sec. is a big change.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Elbows said...

Yea, after looking around a little bit it looks like the resist message that I saw might be related to other non-immunity dispels from the mass dispel being resisted.

Someone further on down the comments in Radikal's blog said that the immunity dispel always worked, so it's definitley a nerf.

I feel like I'm always doing something wrong with Mind Control because it always breaks instantly whenever I use it. I usually use it to bait a pummel or kick so I can get some heals off.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hrm, I've definatly had pali bubbles and ice blocks not come off though. :( so maybe it was a bug thats now working as intended?

1:34 PM  
Blogger Elbows said...

I was almost certain that I had experienced the same thing as you. The only reason I'm looking for an alternative explanation is because of the post that guy eks made stating that it could never fail. I was almost certain that it had failed for me before. Either way it looks like it might be time to invest in some +spell hit.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hrm later in Radikals comments Azeal says that it was meant to be able to be resisted but was still wiping things like Pali bubble and iceblock when it was being resisted.

I had the opposite happen where I am very certain that I've had it not work, so I donno what's up there.

In regards to +hit gear, NONE of the PVP healing honor gear and I don't think any of the arena gear has any + hit for priests.

-Ryn
(same poster as above)

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home